Many of us like to drink tea. It is either part of our breakfast or our evening breakfast time and sometimes both. There are many varieties of this drink, however, we consume caffeinated food most of the time and healthier options are ignored. Herbal and green tea and weight loss have many health benefits and improved immunity are two of them. Today we are talking about Triphala tea which is an Ayurvedic dietary supplement for weight loss and immunity. This herbal concoction tea is full of nutrients and health benefits.
As the name suggests, Triphala is a mixture of three fruits, i.e, Amalaki or Amla, Bibhitaki or Bhada, and Haritaki or Harad. If you are thinking that it is less known and hardly available then you are wrong. You can buy Triphala powder from any grocery and local shops selling Ayurvedic and Herbs and make tea from it. While many people either consume the powder by mixing it with water, many should consume churan with hot water.
Health benefits of Triphala Tea
1. This tea helps in breaking down and mobilizing the fat stored in the body.
2. It improves our metabolism, thus aiding in weight loss.
3. This tea in particular cures digestion and reduces the symptoms of constipation as it acts as a mild laxative. And better digestion is one of the keys to weight loss.
4. It is also loaded with antioxidants, which fight radicals and inhibit oxidation and thus reduce and prevent abdominal bloating.
5. It also helps the body to absorb and assimilate nutrients well.
6. It also promotes better sleep and then improved sleep habits are also linked to better weight loss.
7. As mentioned, it increases immunity and it also helps reduce stress and anxiety.
How To Make Triphala Tea?
To prepare tea, you need Triphala powder and hot water. You have to put about half a teaspoon of powder in a cup of hot water. Stir it well and drink after it is lukewarm. There is a myriad of concocted flavors ranging from sweet to bitter to sour. You can also add honey, flaxseed and lime water if you want. You may experience the need to urinate frequently during the night, as it is diuretic in nature. Ideally, you should have it first thing on an empty stomach in the morning.
Drink this tea, follow healthy eating habits and proper exercise regimen and soon you will see weight loss.
Note: Consult your doctor before including this tea in your diet.