Turmeric or Haldi is an ingredient that has many health benefits. It not only adds aroma and taste to almost every Indian dish, but it can also be the answer to all health and skin problems. And mixing it with milk doubles the health benefits. Many health problems can be kept away by drinking turmeric milk regularly, from inducing sleep to protecting you from heart diseases.
Here are the benefits of turmeric or Haldi milk
1. Turmeric milk is rich in antioxidants that help fight diseases, infections, and improve overall health.
2. Turmeric contains curcumin, which has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help enhance one’s immunity. This active ingredient, curcumin, keeps your mood under control and reduces symptoms of depression.
3. It accelerates recovery from an injury, illness or trauma.
4. Due to the presence of anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric milk can help reduce inflammation and joint pain.
5. Turmeric milk has all the properties that can help improve the function of blood vessels and reduce the chances of developing heart disease.
6. It can help in dealing with skin related issues such as acne, skin infections, allergies or other skin disorders.