Scorching sun and rising temperatures can stress your health and cause problems such as nausea, vomiting, fatigue, diarrhea, dizziness, and dehydration. In some cases, it can also give rise to heatstroke. To protect yourself for the above problems, you need to keep your body cool. According to Ayurveda, summer is the season of pitta.It is believed that the consumption of alkaline foods in this season is important to beat the heat.
Here are 5 Ayurveda tips to keep you cool during this summer season
1. Eat foods that help you cool down : In this season you must include water-rich fruits like plums, watermelon, pears, apples and peaches to balance Pitta. Also include cucumbers, sweet potatoes and other green leafy vegetables.
2. Don’t eat foods that heat you up : Avoid foods such as citrus fruits, citrus fruits, chilies, garlic and salted cheese that can add to the problem and hinder the system.
3. Eat at the right time : Skipping your meals and not eating at the right time can upset your pitta. Make dinner early when your digestive fire is strongest.
4. Avoid ice-cold drinks : There is a digestive fire in your digestive system that converts food into energy. Drinking ice-cold drinks removes the flames and can cause health problems.
5. Settle down the mind : One of the best ways to keep your mind and body cool is through meditation. Focus your way through the summer to avoid any kind of health issues.