Poppy seeds are widely used in various countries around the world. These seeds are a rich source of iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, folate and many other nutrients. In addition to poking fun at the recipes, these seeds contain an endless number of nutrients that can help ward off many diseases and maintain your health. It offers many health benefits, from correcting sleeplessness to improving digestion.
Here are some of the many health benefits of poppy seeds.
1. Poppy seeds are known to remove mucus in the fallopian tubes, increasing the likelihood of fertility in women.
2. Poppy has a cooling effect on the body, which can help calm the mouth ulcers. However, there is only limited research to back this theory.
3. These seeds are rich in calcium and copper, both of which are excellent for strengthening bones. It also contains manganese which increases the production of collagen required by the body to protect bones from damage.
4. Poppy seeds are rich in zinc and contains antioxidants, which helps improve vision and prevents eye diseases such as macular degeneration.
5. Potassium, an ingredient in poppy seeds, helps treat kidney stones and prevents it from recurrence.
6. The zinc content present in poppy seeds helps boost immunity and the production of immune cells.
7. Poppy seeds manganese is very good for people suffering from diabetes.
8. They are rich in insoluble fiber, which improves digestion and bowel movements. It also provides relief from constipation.