Meditation is a good practice to find peace within oneself. When we meditate, we become aware of our thoughts and let go of negativity on our present. It allows us to pave the way for spiritual growth by controlling mental agility and reducing the stress accumulated in our mind. But you do not need a special set-up to meditate. We can practice meditation by sitting, doing dishes or taking a walk. In fact, walking meditation is great for beginners.
Here are some of the benefits of meditative walking.
1. Mindful walking is a great way to boost blood flow, especially for the feet. It is beneficial for those who sit for long periods of time.
2. Walking after eating, in general, aids digestion. Profit doubles with meditation.
3. Meditative walking reduces stress and helps maintain anxiety at bay.
4. A 2016 study published in Science Direct found that Walking Meditation had a positive effect on people suffering from type-2 diabetes.
5. Buddhist-based walking meditation also helps improve mood and reduce symptoms of depression. It also helps to keep blood pressure under control and keep you fit.
6. Regular walks can help to induce sleep by reducing stress, anxiety and muscle tension.
7. It gives you more clarity and helps to develop mindfulness and creativity. It also improves problem-solving skills.
8. This will help you create balance by being aware and help you to coordinate with your surroundings.