Our fast-paced routine and easy delivery of our favorite foods, facing acidity has become common. Abdominal pain, nausea, heartburn are some symptoms of acid reflux. But why exactly is acidity? Some common reasons are skipping meals on time, overeating, oily food intake, dehydration etc. Some other reasons include lack of sleep and stress. Experiencing acidity means that our gastric glands produce acid for digestion. This acid then travels to the food pipe or esophagus, causing heartburn and other symptoms described above.
Now heartburns can be really annoying. It is an uncomfortable feeling and is not really good for the esophagus either. So in a situation like this, the easiest thing would be to pop an antacid. But in a situation where you do not have an antacid, what do you do? Turn to these reliable home remedies that will ease your pain.
1. Buttermilk: Buttermilk contains lactic acid which essentially neutralizes stomach acid. A glass of cold buttermilk will, therefore, reduce acid reflux and help you feel better.
2. Bananas : Bananas are low acid fruits and drying the esophagus can be helpful if you experience heartburn. Additionally, bananas are high on fiber and consuming them helps in indigestion which strengthens the digestive system.
3. Coconut water : Among the many beneficial properties of coconut water, it is also an excellent remedy for acidity. Coconut water takes care of the pH balance of the body due to the presence of potassium and other natural enzymes. Potassium is an electrolyte and electrolytes are responsible for balancing pH.
4. Cumin : Cumin seeds are alkaline, anti-inflammatory, and helps to relieve acid reflux. They are also an essential kitchen ingredient, so they are not difficult to find. Consuming cumin on a daily basis is said to facilitate good digestive health. Crush some cumin seeds and mix them with a glass of boiled water or add crushed powder to the boiled water to help with acidity.
5. Jaggery : Jaggery has high magnesium and potassium content and is known to maintain the pH balance. Having one lump of jaggery per day is advised for its many digestive benefits. If you are having acidity, then suck the jaggery until it is completely melted. Repeat this on an hourly basis until you get relief from acid reflux and heartburn.
Next time you experience acidity problems, try these remedies! If you know of any other methods, let us know in the comments below!
And don’t forget to follow @filminewx for more updates.