Cumin, better known as Jeera, is a large part of our homegrown diet. Many people drink cumin water while others use it while cooking. Cumin is used as a spice when cooking delicious desi dishes. It is known to add flavor to food and is commonly used to roast vegetables, but most of us are unaware that cumin was traditionally used for medicinal purposes as well. Cumin is known to have a variety of medicinal properties as well as health benefits that make it a magical element in our food. It is also a rich source of antioxidants and has antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. This is why you can use this natural ingredient to improve your health in many ways. It is also traditionally used as a home remedy for health problems which makes it even more virtuous. It contains essential health benefits with an amazing taste that makes this spice great for all our diets.
1. Cumin seeds are known to improve digestion by speeding up the activity of digestive enzymes. Cumin is often used to treat indigestion and reduce inflammation, as well as symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
2. Research has proved that cumin can help reduce your cholesterol levels as it is rich in antioxidants and contains flavonoids which in turn prevents the risk of heart disease.
3. Including a little cumin in your diet can help you lose weight and improve your health. You can include it as a supplement in your diet and it can help you burn fat along with your weight loss goals.
4. Cumin can reduce blood sugar levels by stimulating insulin production. It can be beneficial for people with diabetes and can help them manage their blood sugar levels and prevent it.
5. Cumin is known to stimulate the central nervous system which can improve your reflex as well as your memory. This means that it can help to increase your memory and can also improve the functioning of your body.