Fruits are an essential part of our diet as they provide many types of nutrients to our body. This is why it is important to include fresh fruit juices and seasonal fruits in our diet to maintain our health. There are a large amount of berries available in the market and almost all of them are full of nutrients and antioxidants and are considered good for our health but there is a plum which is known to work wonders for our health. Blueberries are easy to eat and are one of the most delicious fruits. But apart from this it also has many health benefits and nutrient dense and rich in antioxidants.
This fruit has fewer calories and is rich in vitamin C, vitamin K and manganese which is essential for our body and health. It also contains flavonoids which are beneficial for our overall health. But if you are still wondering why you should include this fruit in your diet, then you want to do some more research on the many health benefits it provides.
Here are some health benefits of blueberries:
1. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants that can reduce or increase bad cholesterol and bring it under control. It also prevents free radicals from damaging your healthy cells and protects your heart health and reduces the risk of heart disease.
2. Blueberries are rich in compounds that can help reduce blood pressure. It can also reduce other health risks associated with blood pressure.
3. Blueberries are known to improve brain function and may delay deterioration of brain function. It slows down the age of your brain and improves your cognitive function as well as your intelligence. It also improves your memory.
4. Blueberries contain compounds that can help your body manage blood sugar levels. It improves insulin sensitivity as well as glucose metabolism and works wonders for people who have diabetes. It can also reduce the risk of developing diabetes for those who do not have blood sugar problems.
5. They are rich in vitamin C as well as manganese which is essential for the health of our bones. Blueberries can help us to maintain and strengthen our bones and muscles. It can also help our muscles recover from a sore throat.
6. Blueberries contain vitamins, minerals and other compounds that can improve the health of your stomach. It also affects your digestive system by stimulating digestive enzymes which speed up the process of digestion.