One of the many things from the kitchen that is known for its benefits on skin and hair is rice water. Yes, the water left over after cooking rice is known to promote hair growth and make the skin soft and supple, providing a great treatment. Rice water contains substances that help protect and repair the skin.
The best thing about rice water is that it is very easy to make because you need rice and water!
How to make rice water:
Raise 1 cup of rice to remove all dirt and impurities.
Then, mix the rice in 2 cups of water. Mix it well so that the water becomes cloudy.
Peel this rice and keep it for cooking. Store the rice water in a plastic container for 12-24 hours and allow it to ferment.
Refrigerate it until your next shower.
Rice water benefits:
– Rice water is known to increase collagen on the skin which helps in suppressing it and prevents wrinkles.
– Rice water has anti-oxidant properties that help fight aging.
– It helps reduce skin irritation, it contains sodium laurel sulphate – an ingredient commonly used in personal care products.
– It helps in treating damaged hair. Chemical, inositol bleached hair, split ends, etc., present in rice water can be repaired.
– It removes skin rashes, inflammation and eczema, which helps in healing the skin. It also helps to clear blemishes on the skin.
How to use rice water:
– After shampooing and conditioning your hair, apply rice water from the roots to the tips and leave it for 10 minutes before washing.
– An excellent toner, pour small amounts of rice water over the cotton and apply to your face and neck.
– When mixed with some sea salt, essential oil and citrus, it makes for a wonderful relaxation.